Prof. Dr. Georg Zizka
Office hours: by appointment only. Location: Arthur von Weinberg-Haus, Kuhwaldstr. 55, 3rd floor.
Are you interested in our working group?
Please contact us and/or attend our seminar: e-mail
Principal research subjects
Diversity of plants
- Diversity change under human inpact
- Systematics and phylogeny of Higher Plants, especially Bromeliaceae, Poaceae, Quiinaceae
- (West) Africa
- Pacific Islands
The "Westafrika-Herbar" in Frankfurt – an important research collection comprinsing approximately 12.000 records only from Burkina Faso.
Chilenean bromeliads are examined for "Flora de Chile" (in this case: Puya coerulea var. coerulea).
PhD, master/diploma and bachelor theses
In our working group "Diversity and Evolution of Higher Plants", PhD, master/diploma and bachelor projects on the following subjects are available:
- Diversity and evolution of bromeliads (Bromeliaceae)
- Diversity change and land use in West Africa (with special emphasis on grasses, Poacae)
- Diversity and evolution of Marcgraviaceae and Quiinaceae
- Plant-animal interaction (ants – plants, pollination in Marcgraviaceae)
- Systematics, taxonomy and biogeography of selected indigenous plant families
- Floristic change under human influence
Aktuell zu vergebende Examensarbeiten (in German)
PhD, master/diploma, and bachelor theses, running and completed