Senckenberg German Entomological Institute
The Senckenberg Deutsches Entomologisches Institut (Senckenberg German Entomological Institute) was founded in 1886 as a “National Museum”, with emphasis on systematics and taxonomy. It developed after 1922 as an institution of the Kaiser-Wilhelm-Gesellschaft, co-operating with the Imperial Biological Institute to become a mediator between systematic and applied entomology. After a history full of change, the DEI moved in 2004 into a new building on the campus of Leibniz Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) in Müncheberg. Since January 2009 the DEI is part of the Senckenberg – Leibniz Institution for Biodiversity and Earth System Research (SGN). Its new name is Senckenberg Deutsches Entomologisches Institut (SDEI).
Inseparable from its research activity is the excellent entomological Entomological Library and its remarkable insect collections.
Publishing three journals, the SDEI is able to maintain a literature exchange.