Geologica Saxonica

Journal of central european Geology

The journal of the Museum of Mineralogy and Geology was founded in 1876 by Hanns Bruno Geinitz as Mitteilungen aus dem Königlichen Mineralogisch-Geologischen und Prähistorischen Museum. It was refounded in 1955 by Hans Prescher as Jahrbuch des Staatlichen Museums für Mineralogie und Geologie zu Dresden and continued from 1966 as Abhandlungen des Staatlichen Museums für Mineralogie und Geologie zu Dresden. Since 2001 the periodical is entitled Geologica Saxonica – Journal of Central European Geology.