- Provenance analysis of Precambrian and Phanerozoic clastic sedimentary rocks and recent river deposits by U-Pb dating of detrital zircon grains (includes the determination of the maximum age of sedimentation).
- U-Pb zircon ages of intrusion and dating of inherited zircons of plutonic and effusive rocks (includes the determination of geological minimum ages).
- Establishment of zircon provinces (U-Pb. Lu-Hf): Palaeogeographical reconstructions based on provenance studies of clastic sediments from the Gondwanan and Laurussian margins.
- In-situ analysis of U-Th-Pb and Lu-Hf isotopes on zircon and other minerals will be used for the reconstruction of the crustal evolution of Precambrian and Pan-African orogens of the Gondwana supercontinent.
- Reconstruction of Cadomian and Variscan orogenic processes during Pangaea configuration.
- Research on the coupling of orogenic processes with the origin of multi-cellular life during the Ediacaran early palaeo-ecosystems in the Precambrian-Cambrian transition, and the palaeoenvironment.
- Age dating of Precambrian and Palaeozoic glacial events and impact on the evolution of life.
- Zircon populations and destruction mechanisms of zircon grains in recent river systems.