Fire salamander – where are you?
Join in! The Lost and Found Campaign for the Protection of the Fire Salamander in Saxon Switzerland
Have you by chance seen a fire salamander in Saxon Switzerland? Please report him!
The population of the fire salamander is declining in Germany. In order to better study and thus protect the fire salamander, the Saxon Switzerland National Park depends on the assistance of the public. For targeted protection, it is important to know where animals are currently still found in Saxon Switzerland. Therefore, reports from attentive nature observers about accidental finds with photographic evidence are a valuable contribution.
Report fire salamanders – here’s how:
Make a valuable contribution to species conservation and nature research. Please report all accidental finds – including dead finds – with a photo and stating the place of discovery:
1. take a picture (follow the instructions above!)
2. note the place of discovery (GPS coordinates or exact description), so that the evidence is clear
3. send one photo per individual with date of discovery, location and your email address
You can send us your message in the following ways:
- * directly in the form on the website of the Saxon Switzerland National Park Center: Saxon State Foundation for Nature and the Environment – Feuersalamander – wo bist du? (lanu.de)
- * by e-mail to nationalparkzentrum(at)lanu.de or
- * by WhatsApp +49 (0)151 54842129 (please don’t forget your email address for the finding database)