Research interests: Macroecology, community ecology and conservation biology
– Influence of global climate and human land-use change on animal populations and communities in the tropics and in the temperate region
– Relationship between the diversity of animal communities and ecosystem functioning
– Macroecology and evolution of bird communities and of bird migration
Teaching: Courses at Goethe University Frankfurt in the MSc Ecology and Evolution and in the BSc Biology
MSc Ecology and Evolution and MSc Environmental Sciences: module „Community ecology, Makroökologie und Naturschutz“
- Content: The module includes an introductory lecture, seminars on current scientific publications, and computer and field practicals. It gives an overview about theory, statistical methods and applications of community ecology and macroecology, as well as consequences for regional and global conservation prioritisation. The module includes an ornithological fieldwork practical outside Frankfurt (duration 1 week).
- Contact: Susanne Fritz, Phone: +49 (0)69 7542 1803 E-Mail: email@example.com
BSc Biology: specialisation module „Ökologie der Tiere“ (animal ecology) – part „Makroökologie – Einfluss des Klimawandels auf Artverbreitungen“ (macroecology – influence of climate change on species distributions)
- Content: In our part of the module we investigate the potential effects of climate change on the distributions of different European bird species. We use species distribution models to project potential distributions of birds in dependency of climate scenarios for the end of the 21st century.
- Contact: Thomas Müller, Phone: +49 (0)69 7542 1889 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org